December 21, 2018
Our hike on Jan. 2nd is at High Falls State Park south of Jackson.
Plan to meet at 9:00 am in the parking lot at Mayfield Ace Hardware (Elm Street in Covington). We have permission to park, but please park at the bottom of their lot close to Walgreens.
If you prefer, meet us at the location below.
After the hike we will eat at Fresh Air Barbecue a 1164 GA-42, Jackson, GA
Contact for the hike: John Callaway - 678.777.1535.
High Falls State Park: 76 High Falls Park Drive, Jackson, GA 30233
· Distance from Covington: 38 miles
· Start: Park office
· Restrooms: available
· Trail distance: 4.5 miles
· Difficulty: Easy to moderate
· Trail surface: Natural surface with occasional rocky areas
· Leashed dogs permitted
· Fees: $5 or state park annual pass
· Map https://gastateparks.org/sites/default/files/parks/pdf/trailmaps/HighFalls_TrailMap.pdf
· Other: The trail distance includes multiple trails.
Let’s Go Hiking!
Happy Spring! Check out an article in The Newton Community Magazine about Newton Trails!
April 9, 2019
Monday, October 22, 5 to 8 PM: FREE Public Forum: The Dollars and Sense of Protecting Community Character
August 23, 2018
2020 Supporter Kick Off - Let's Get the Bridge Open !!
November 16, 2019