December 7, 2019
Our hike on December 11th is at Fort Yargo State Park near Winder.
Plan to meet at 9:00 am in the parking lot at Mayfield Ace Hardware (Elm Street in Covington). We have permission to park, but please park at the bottom of their lot close to Walgreens.
If you prefer, meet us at the location below but let the hike contact know that you will be meeting us there.
After the hike we will eat at Friends American Grill in Winder.
Contact for the hike – Craig at 770.846.7942
Fort Yargo State Park (210 South Broad St., Winder, GA 30680)
· Distance from Covington: 36 miles
· Start: Go in Main Entrance to parking area at the visitor’s center
· Restrooms: available
· Trail distance: 7 miles. Note that a shorter distance can be hiked.
· Difficulty: Easy to moderate
· Trail surface: natural
· Leashed dogs permitted
· Fees: $5 or park pass
· Maps/website https://gastateparks.org/sites/default/files/parks/pdf/trailmaps/FortYargo_TrailMap.pdf
Let’s Go Hiking!
Happy Spring! Check out an article in The Newton Community Magazine about Newton Trails!
April 9, 2019
Monday, October 22, 5 to 8 PM: FREE Public Forum: The Dollars and Sense of Protecting Community Character
August 23, 2018
2020 Supporter Kick Off - Let's Get the Bridge Open !!
November 16, 2019